Background

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

3 Month Recap!

Busy, Busy, Busy.
It has almost been three months since Zach and I got married and i think we have finally reached the stage where it actually FEELS like we are married. Its no longer weird to say "husband" or "wife" out loud, in public, and in front of others. I have finally gotten my signature down to a 'T'.. and let me tell you "Luekenga" isn't the easiest. I've learned that when people ask for my last name, there is no need to say it, I just immediate begin with "L-U-E-K...E-N-G-A". That helps to avoid lots of awkward silence, questions of the orgin of the name, and spelling of course.


W.O.R.K
Zach and I are seriously working our lives away. He works construction with his Dad and Brother, as well working at Costco. I have been workin at the Brazilian Grill; Tucanos in Boise as a server for the past few months. Zach is a construction man through and through. I love being a waitress and meeting new people every day. DOWNFALL? Well, like most restaraunts, the money making is at night time. Not only is it a more popular time to eat, but the prices are higher, which makes checks more, which means tip is more; usually. Zach however, works the day shift...always. 9 to 5 it is. If it isn't construction, then it's at Costco. We have complete opposite schedules and it couldn't suck more. I am almost gone to work by the time he gets home. I feel like a LOSER. Sometimes I'll have a warm dinner waiting..but not always. I am grateful for the jobs we have and know that we will ONE DAY have a set schedule....One Day.

Back on the restaraunt:: I have come to have a great respect for everyone in the restaraunt industry. Things I've Learned:: Bussers work so hard...especially for those huge mormon families with LOTS of kids with HUGE messes...[which isn't all that bad if they tip well, but don't count on it]. Servers work extra hard multi-tasking, remembering 876,398 things, and always smiling. I've come to believe that when some people are angry, they deliberately come into restaraunts to be rude, knowing that the server cannot be rude back. I've learned that it is not my job to make pissed off people happy. I've come to the realization that some people are just cheap, despite how awesome their service is. I've learned that lots of people eat out at expensive places, who in reality cannot afford McDonalds. I've realized that many asians do not like to tip. I've learned that no matter how many coupons you have, it is only fair to tip on the ORIGINAL charge before the discount is deducted.And I've decided to write a book titled..."You know your gonna get a bad tip when..."

Zachs Jobs:: He says everyday how much he cannot wait to graduate college and have a real job. Oh how we BOTH long for that day. We both know that money doesn't grow on trees, but oh how it would be so so nice. He is such a hard worker. How lucky I am to have such a hardworking, strong, and handsome man:)
 

 What Zach Has Learned About Kelsey::               
  • Her closet will never be clean
  • She cuddles too much when she sleeps
  • Her shoes are found in my closet
  • She makes noises without realizing it
  • When its quiet, she breathes really loud
  • She likes to come home to a clean kitchen
  • She'll wear my sweatpants before her own
  • She wants anything that is mine, because she insists on being like me
  • She will critique my outfit...Everyday.
  • Insists I shave every 3 days
  • She is always cold
  • She takes the hottest showers ever; she'll have heat rash afterwards
  • She likes to cook for me, after she calls her mom to get a recipe
  • She's the nicest and sweetest person...when she's asleep.


What Kelsey Has Learned About Zach::
  • He won't clean the sink of after shaving, Unless I'm in there
  • After using the last of the toilet paper or paper towels, he won't put out a new roll
  • He drinks milk like the last gallon on Earth is in our fridge
  • He always apologizes first
  • When he wants to make me happy he cleans the kitchen and lights smell-good candles
  • He owns every tool in HomeDepot
  • He is never cold
  • Couldn't pay him to wear True Religion jeans
  • He organizes the nightstand ((cell phones, chapstick, misc. change,)) before getting in bed
  • He hates hates hates skinny jeans. On anyone :(
  • Gets giddy and acts like he is 7 when he is excited
  • Could live off peanut butter and honey sandwiches
  • Is very meticulous

We continue to learn new things each day, and know this is only the beginning. We are very happy and couldn't be more pleased with our big decision to tie the knot.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I loved this post. You are hilarious Kelsey! Loved the bit about your last name. Oh, and I love that you loved being married. It IS the best. :)
    I, too, cannot wait for my husband to get done with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! I also loved the list at the end! I hope you are loving married life, it sure looks like it!

    Anyways for some blog award I got I had to tell 15 blogs I stalk & tell the person..

    Well, you made the list! So, I hope it doesn't creep you out or anything, but I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete